Reading Rotations Sheet

A while back, I share with you how I planned to run reading rotations in my room (actually, a year ago this October!)  I have something to share with you now....

It didn't work for me.

I know....a collective gasp just went up among the Teaching in Room 6 followers.  Something didn't work??  How could that be??  ;)

Seriously though, the plan I had mapped out so carefully just wasn't in the cards.  I think a lot of it had to do with my "all or nothing" approach.  I felt like if I didn't do rotations every day, then what was the point?

Well, my school is moving towards a "Universal Access" mode, where I will have a push in aide for 40 minutes per day, and I think this is the PERFECT time to try rotations again.

You can read my exact plan here (which I am going to try again) but I wanted to share the rotation sheets with you, since I many of you asked for them before.  So here they are.

These aren't editable (due to clip art terms) but they will give you a good idea of how you can also structure your rotation plan.  I also included a blank one for you, so you can just fill that one in with your own rotation schedule.

4 comments

  1. These forms are so helpful in keeping organized; I especially like how you have the expectations and rubric printed directly on their rotation sheets. How awesome that you have an aide who can truly work with small groups of kids! I'd love to hear about Universal Access at your school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel very, very fortunate that I have such an amazing aide! I don't know what I would do without her at this point!!

      Delete
  2. Great forms! We must have the same all or nothing personality It took me a few years to really let go of that in the classroom, especially in relation to any consistent grouping practices (reading groups, math groups, etc...).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the other comments they are great forms. Could you say why they didn't work the first time? Was it really a lack of support? do you think it is just approaching it in a different way? This really is one area that I feel isn't running as smoothly as it could in my class.

    The Ginger Teacher
    http://beforecharlees30.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear what you think about what is posted :)