Good Morning Students! (my first video)

Years ago, while I was taking a professional development class, the teacher always began with the most positive an uplifting mantra.  She managed to perk up 100 teachers, who were tired from an entire day of teaching, in five seconds.  It was really amazing -- the positivity and energy that little greeting brought into the room.

So I decided to use it myself.  It really is very simple.


10 points to the person who can tell me where I made this  :)

At the beginning of the year, we brainstorm adjectives as a class.  Then, throughout the year, I choose adjectives from the circle map to use in the blank spaces.

Each day that first week of school, I model for them the call and response.  I have the magnet on the board so that the kids can just read it off of there.  After the first week, they really don't need it....however I keep it up anyway because it is cute ;)  (also, if I ever get a new student, he can jump right in)

I honestly can say it is such a pick me up each morning. My students look forward to it, I look forward to it, and it puts a smile on everyone's face.

17 comments

  1. That's a great idea! I'm going to try it. Did you get it from Vista Prints?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the video!! It's nervewracking doing them but if pictures speak a thousand words - videos speak a million!


    very cute blog!!I am your newest follower!

    ~jeannie~
    www.kindergartenlifestyle.blogspot.com

    http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kindergarten-Lifestyle

    http://www.facebook.com/kindergartenlifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, love it. Also it is so funny to see videos of teacher bloggers!!! For some reason, I always create specific pictures in my head for everyone and whenever I see pictures, no one ever matches up to my imagination of them. Haha!!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great way to start the day! I enjoyed hearing your sweet children. Their voices show they seem to really love school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a Vistaprint creation. I love them.

    Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! Such a nervewrecking thing to make a video...but I thought it was the best way to explain the greeting :)

    Jill, I hope I didn't totally blow your image of me :)

    And yes, I made the car door magnet on Vista Print. Did I mention (today) how much I love them???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this! I know my kiddos would too--I'm totally teaching them this tomorrow! It would be a perfect intro to our "opening cheer":
    T: Why are we here?
    S: TO LEARN!
    T: What are we gonna give?
    S: 110%!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice thing to do each day! I love it!! Thanks for sharing a video, how cool!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thought you might like our class pledge...
    Yesterday is history
    tomorrow is a mystery
    today is gift
    that's why we call it the present
    i'm braver than i believe
    i'm stronger than i seem
    i'm smarter than i think
    everything i do matters
    i am heard, understood, and acknowledged
    HUA (that is everyone's favorite part!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing Katie! That is such a great pledge. I may have to incorporate it into my class! :)

      Delete
  10. Love this idea...such a simple and positive way to incorporate a good start of the day but also it's like game playing...love it...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is AWESOME! I am going to try it with my summer school starting TOMORROW!
    Courtney
    Ramona Recommends

    ReplyDelete
  12. do you insert a different adjective in the blank every time?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear what you think about what is posted :)