Thanking My Fellow Bloggers {Linky Party}

I started this blogging journey almost a year ago (December 16 is my blogiversary...wow!) and in that year my teaching, and the outlook on the way in which I go about teaching, has changed.   Immersing myself in this world of high quality educators who strive to do the best for their students has enabled me to do the same.  I mean, I was always trying new things and working my hardest to bring the best to my classroom full of kids, but now I have FANTASTIC resources available at the click of my mouse.

And what are some of the blogger finds that I am most thankful for??

Jennifer Runde of Runde's Room -- this girl is my teaching dream.  She runs her class the way I would, implements rigorous and well thought out plans, and brings out not only the best in her students but the best in all of us reading.  She truly is an exemplary teacher and her blog pushes me to be that as well.  Her Interactive Math Journal has changed the way I look at my lessons -- not just in math, but in all subjects.  She has also turned out to be a great friend (even though she lives all the way up in Canada :) )


My expanded network of collaborators -- This past year, the people I collaborate with to bounce ideas off, to run things by, to work out problems that arise with lessons, or even to just vent about teaching related (or non-teaching related) things has skyrocketed.  I can not express how grateful I am to Kim from Finding Joy in 6th Grade, Kristen at Ladybug's Teacher Files, Mor at A Teacher's Treasure, Laura Candler and the aforementioned Jen for their time and effort poured into listening to me, helping me, and just plain being there to be a network of accomplished teachers to have around.

teachinginroom6.blogspot.com

All of the Freebies --  Teachers by nature are givers and when they share their hard work...I can't help but be grateful.  Here is one that I am currently loving.  It is a report card conference form that is making my conferences go SO SO SO smoothly.  It came from The Go-To Teacher and is short enough to get only the important info across, but is thorough enough that everyone feels satisfied that a great deal of info was shared.  Head on over there to pick it up (and stay a little while...she has some other great stuff there too!)


So now, here is where you come in friends...What are the blogger finds that YOU are most grateful for?  This could be anything....a great idea you found, a product you purchased that has made a difference in your classroom, a friendship you have made because of blogging, or just a general feeling you have now because of this blogging world.  And this isn't just for those of you with blogs.  If you don't have a blog, just comment here!

There are two ways to participate here:
1.  If you have a blog, write a blog post, grab the picture, and link back here (if you don't link back, I will delete)  Don't forget to add your link to the linky widget.

2.  If you don't have a blog, leave a comment with what you are thankful for in this blogosphere.

I can't wait to read all about what you are thankful for...and maybe find something new for me to be thankful for as well!

9 comments

  1. Hi Stephanie! I have to say, the "blog" find that I am most thankful for is YOUR blog! This is my second year teaching fifth-grade, and I am very new to reading blogs, but have found so many of your ideas incredibly useful this year! From your root-words flip-book, to your weather forecasting project, comprehension mats... my class is starting to look like yours, and I hope you don't mind! Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous ideas!! I greatly enjoy hearing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Natalie! I am so glad that you have been able to find things here on this blog that have helped you in your room. And feel free to make your room look like mine...I sure like the way it looks ;)
      Stephanie

      Delete
  2. I am also thankful for your blog, especially this week. I was just thinking about what culminating activity I wanted to do with my students to wrap up the "Taking A Stand" Unit in Treasures. Then, like a little gift, your recent post appears in my inbox-- it was like you sent it just for me when I needed it. Thanks! I know my kiddos will love this activity. P.S. Jen Runde is one of my teacher idols also. Her blog was the first I ever followed, and inspired me to implement interactive reading journals this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I am teary reading this after all that you have done to help me and everything I've learned from you! I'm so grateful to have "met" you in bloggy land Stephanie! I will be linking up soon...this is such a beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for YOUR blog! Yours was my first introduction to the blog world. I am loving your ideas and following along with your class. Anytime you mention a blog, I immediately check it out because I know if you like it, there will definitely be plenty of ideas for me too. Thanks for sharing your classroom and your wonderful resources!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the others, I too am very thankful for your blog! Thank you for putting the time and effort into sharing your secrets with other teachers, especially new teachers, like me. Discovering your blog (which was this past January/February) and others was a revolutionary turn in my first year of teaching. It was so nice to see how you and other teachers put your ideas into practice. Reading about your projects and ideas helped me prepare and create projects that had a more desirable outcome. I've used a few of your ideas, such as the weekly reports (mine are bi-weekly), IST (your post came at the same time I was trying to fit in an ELA rotations/individual work time), and your water cycle foldable (we'll be doing that tomorrow!). I can't say this enough...THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I love to hear what you think about what is posted :)